Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'm leaving ...onnn a jet plane

... (and literally "don't know when I'll be back again") On Sunday I was offered a job (working with my sister) at Wadeye, about 5 hrs SW of Darwin, starting immediately - well Mon week.



So I'm madly throwing things into a packing box for either a few months or a few years (OK, in reality it's probably not years)  and as of last night my 'essentials' consisted of seeds, permaculure books, drawing gear, a feather (a girl should never leave home without one) and then I remembered I need bedding and some other basics - I should probably write a better list :) You might read about a fracas with the airport sniffer beagles in Darwin next week - I'm going to try and smuggle some kaffir lime leaves and organic garlic in my luggage, and I'll probably smell like a big curry. I feel a Bridget Jones moment coming on.

This is my time for a gap year - the next adventure - to open up to the possibility that I was put on the planet to do something different to what I've been doing for a few years.

I'll continue to update this blog with ideas and resources, and work will be done around my place in my absence, so don't leave! And I'm always contactable - new phone number and email will be on my website soon. But for now, I want to leave you with the beautiful little song above (thanks Noha) and a link to a humble and inspiring talk by Keisha Crowther on You Tube (7 parts).

It's time to remember who we are and go out and create
the world we want to live in
without limitations.

No comments: